Oh's Intensive Care manual: the whole Part Ten can be referenced here (Infections and Immune Disorders). I suppose specifically one might want to read Chapter 72, Principles of antibiotic use by Jeffrey Lipman (p.738) and Chapter 73, Tropical diseases by Ramachandran Sivakumar and Michael E Pelly (p. 743). This is perhaps the one situation where the Manual forms an essential part of one's exam preparation.
The complete reading list from Oh's:
- Chapter 54 (pp. 597) Meningitis and encephalomyelitis by Angus M Kennedy
- Chapter 55 (pp. 607) Tetanus by Jeffrey Lipman
- Chapter 67 (pp. 703) Host defence mechanisms and immunodeficiency disorders by Steven McGloughlin and Alexander A Padiglione
- Chapter 68 (pp. 710) HIV and acquired immunodeficiency syndrome by Alexander A Padiglione and Steve McGloughlin
- Chapter 69 (pp. 716) Severe sepsis by A Raffaele De Gaudio
- Chapter 70 (pp. 724) Nosocomial infections by James Hatcher and Rishi H-P Dhillon
- Chapter 71 (pp. 733) Severe soft-tissue infections by Ilker Uçkay, Hugo Sax, Pierre Hoffmeyer, Daniel Lew and Didier Pittet
- Chapter 72 (pp. 738) Principles of antibiotic use by Jeffrey Lipman
- Chapter 73 (pp. 743) Tropical diseases by Ramachandran Sivakumar and Michael E Pelly
Summaries and discussions of infectious disease topics from Life in the Fast Lane are made available as a list of links in the Resources section.