Question 5.5 from the second paper of 2010 asked for non-cardiac and non-respiratory causes of cyanosis. The following list was concocted using Walker's chapter ("Cyanosis.") in the third edition of Clinical Methods: The History, Physical, and Laboratory Examinations.
- Methylene blue or indocyanine gree dye injection
- Excess consumption of colloidal silver
- Chronic massive doses of amiodarone
And, the causes suggested by the college in their model answer:
- Severe methemoglobinemia (though the blood in these cases is supposed to be chocolate brown)
- Hemoglobin mutation (eg. Haemoglobin Beth Israel, etc)
- High altitude